If you hold credit certificates, previously acquired qualifications, an aptitude certificate on the grounds of previously acquired competencies,  you may request the Curriculum Committee to be exempted from certain course units of the study programme in question.

The regulations on exemptions can be found in Article 29 of the Education and Examination Code.

How to apply for an exemption

It's up to you to prove that the content and learning outcomes realized in a course unit have already been acquired in course units for which credits were obtained. You can check the content and learning outcomes in the course catalogue.

Step 1: Log in on Oasis and choose in the menu left under the tab Curriculum for Exemptions.

Step 2: Create a new request via ‘New application' and fill in all the requested information. Check your history (or add it) and select the correct study programme.

Step 3: Select the course(s) for which you want to apply an exemption.

Step 4: Add one or more courses to use as the base of the exemption, with all required information.

Step 5: Enclose all the necessary documents to support your request, especially:

  • transcript of records,
  • credit certificate and/or other certificates of qualification
  • the offical course sheets of the course units on the basis of which you are requesting for exemptions (or the url to the course sheet)
  • filled in document

Step 6: Optionally, add a comment and/or motivation to your request.

Step 7: Check whether you have entered all information correctly and added all mandatory attachments and submit your application.


  • exemption request for 1st semester courses: 14 November
  • exemption request for 2nd semester courses: 28 February

And next....

Curriculum committee

The curriculum committee will decide if an exemption can be awarded. You will be notified by mail.

Personal Curriculum

Course units from which you are exempted are part of your curriculum. The Faculty Student Administration will register the exemptions in OASIS.

Depending on the number of ECTS credits you are exempted for, you may be eligible to follow a personalized learning track (GIT). More information on GIT.

You do not agree with the decision of the curriculum committee?

Students may file an appeal against the decision to refuse an exemption with the Institutional Appeals Committee, as specified in article 81 of the Education and Examination Code.

Learning Track Counsellors