University badges

University identification cards

There are many different types of card:

Type of cardFor whom?Contact
Student card (incl. student exchange card) identifying you as a student registered (in case of exchange) or enrolled (in case of degree-seeking) at Ghent University - with the exception of people enrolled via exam contract
UGent card
identifying you as part of the UGent staff (ATP, ZAP, AAP, OAP, UGent PhD scholarship recipients, certain visiting professors, certain external scholarship recipients)
Access card UGent facilities* can be applied for by UCT students, UZ staff, retired UGent staff members, Vlerick School, granting them access to the UGent restaurants and sports facilities
Alumni benefits card can be applied for by UGent alumni, granting them access to the UGent restaurants, sports facilities and library and certain other benefits
Visitors' pass issued to visitors spending a short stay (max. 90 days) under the supervision of a UGent promoter, granting them access to the UGent restaurants, sports facilities, library and certain buildings (they may also apply for a UGent account) (applied for by department via
Other badges e.g. parking pass, Facility Department card

All cards have a different appearance (electronic pass, photo, barcode), period of validity (specific period, 3 years, 5 years), application/replacement procedure and contact.